This will be the largest multi-use space in the region and will not only enable the museum to host major traveling exhibitions and special performances, but will also be an asset to other cultural organizations in our community that will be able to use the space for their needs. The Education Center will also house five classroom/workshop spaces to host the museum’s expanded programming and the region’s first maker’s space, Experimental Studio, a space for tinkering and inquiry-based learning, a state of the art exhibit fabrication workshop, a kitchen and other service facilities, and conference space.
“We are on our way! At a time when Amazement Square has been recognized nationally for our community partnership programs, this important capital project is another milestone in the history of Amazement Square as we reposition ourselves for future generations and educational opportunities. This endeavor will transform what we can offer to the public in the scale and quality of our exhibitions and how visitors engage with the museum. Building on our momentum from recently receiving the National Medal for Museum and Library Service at the White House, this is a great time to launch the public campaign and involve our community in making the new Education Center at Amazement Square a reality,” said Amazement Square President/CEO Mort Sajadian, PhD.
- a 6,500 square-foot multipurpose gallery, where we will be able to host traveling exhibitions and more robust in-house exhibitions, as well as special performances, children’s theater programs and other events
- five classrooms, where school programs and community workshops can be conducted
- exhibit fabrication workshop, where our exhibit fabrication and design staff can work their magic to create new exhibitions and unique learning experiences for our members and guests
- designated rooms for event rentals, such as birthday parties and sleepovers
- outdoor interactive areas for both Museum and community use
- environmentally responsible features that respond to the riverfront location, including a gray water system used in the new building
- galleries and venues suitable for schools’ year-round educational visits