F & L Market has a 5lb box of bacon $10.99 a pound. Use it to make this magnificent do ahead casserole this weekend!
- 1 pound bacon diced
- 1/2 yellow onion minced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 4 cups frozen shredded potatoes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 10 large eggs
- 3 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 16 ounces small curd cottage cheese
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and add the bacon, onion and bell pepper to a large skillet on medium high heat until cooked just shy of being done.
Drain the fat and add the mixture to a large bowl with the hash browns, butter, eggs, cheddar cheese and cottage cheese, mixing the ingredients well.
Put into a 9×13 baking dish and bake for 60-70 mins.