F & L market has bananas for .29 a pound. When they start going a little south, do NOT throw them away. Make these delicious and healthier Blondie recipe that the entire family will love. You can also cut them in chunks and freeze them until you are ready to make this recipe.
- ½ cup unsalted butter-melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ –2 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup mashed banana (one medium-large banana)
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line 8 x 8 inch baking pan with aluminum foil (leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished blondies out), then spray with cooking spray , set aside.
- For the batter, in a medium bowl mix together melted butter, sugar and salt. Add egg vanilla and cinnamon and mix until well combined, then add mashed banana and mix to combine.
- Next, add flour and mix until combined and smooth, too. Pour the batter into prepared pan, smooth the top and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until center has set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- To make the frosting, in a medium sauce pan melt the butter and continue cooking over medium heat until reach nice amber color, stirring constantly(be careful not to burn it). Then, add brown sugar, milk and a dash of salt, stir and bring to boil. Remove from heat and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Whisk in vanilla and powdered sugar and spread over the blondies. Allow frosting to set before slicing and serving.