F & L Market has Pillsbury Cake Mixes for .75 today and tomorrow! Stock up so you can whip up this “Homemade” cake in no time at all! Simple and delicious.
- 1 standard size package white or vanilla cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream not fat free
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 3-4 tbsp lime juice
- 1-2 tbsp milk more or less (start with one and add till correct consistency)
- pinch of salt
- 1. HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 12-cup bundt pan or 10-inch fluted tube pan with no-stick cooking spray. Dust with flour.
- 2. BEAT cake mix, sour cream, oil, eggs, lime juice and lime peel in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute or until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- 3. BAKE 40 to 44 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. MIX powdered sugar, melted butter, lime juice, milk and butter with a whisk in a large bowl. Once combined, spoon over bundt cake. If desired garnish with additional lime peel. Enjoy!