F & L Market has fresh ground beef $2.19 a pound. This one dish skillet is super delicious. Serve it up with a nice salad and garlic toast.
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed veggies (peas and carrots)
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a large skillet until no longer pink, drain any excess fat.
- Return skillet to stove top and add in the tomatoes, mixed veggies, rice, beef broth, oregano, garlic salt, basil and pepper. Stir until combined and bring to a light boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and let cook until rice is tender (about 17 minutes).
- Fluff rice with fork and top with the mozzarella cheese. Cover with the lid for about 3 minutes to let cheese melt. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Enjoy!