Pesto Mozzarella Tomato Chicken
F & L Market has Boneless , skinless breast for $1.49 a pound. This in a complete meal in itself. Delicious!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 tablespoons pesto
- 8 slices tomato
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Pesto Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut chicken breasts horizontally but do not cut all the way through. Open up. (see photo above)
- Spread entire opens surface of chicken with 2 tablespoons pesto.
- Add 2 sliced tomatoes to half of the chicken.
- Top with 1/4 cup of grated mozzarella and a few spinach leaves.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle on a bit of olive oil.
- Heat oven proof skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- When olive oil is sizzling, carefully add chicken.
- Sear on each side for 2-3 minutes using tongs to turn.
- Finish baking in oven for about 8 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- For a dipping sauce: Combine yogurt and pesto and serve over the chicken or on the side.
- I used store bought Pesto. Love Costco brand.
- Sear on both sides and finish baking in the oven in the same skillet or move to a foil covered baking sheet.
- Serve with an easy pesto/yogurt dipping sauce if desired.