Spanish Pork Chops with Rice
F & L Market has pork chops $1.89 a pound. This recipe is sure to become a new favorite!
- 6 boneless pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilis
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 cup long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup onion (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat and brown pork chops (about 2-3 minutes each side, turning once).
- Spray a 9 x 13″ baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and pour the chicken broth, tomato sauce, green chilis, taco seasoning, uncooked rice, and onion; mix together until completely incorporated.
- Place the pork chops on top of the rice mixture and top with the green and red peppers.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook for about 50-60 minutes or until the rice is tender (you will want to make sure that you don’t over cook the pork chops, so check them around 50 minutes).
- Remove from oven and top with cheese. Let the cheese melt for a couple of minutes.