Pumpkin Bundt Cake
F & L Market has everything you need to prepare your Thanksgiving Dinner, including the ingredients for this amazing bundt cake.
For the Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
For the Frosting
- 6 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2-4 tablespoons of water
For the Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a Bundt pan with nonstick spray. I’ve had great results with the nonstick spray made specifically for BAKING.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together sugar and oil on medium speed. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well in between.
- Add your can of pumpkin and let the mixer run while you mix together your dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- In the dry ingredient bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Turn the speed down to low and gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix together until the flour is incorporated.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the Bundt pan, and smooth out the top.
- Bake your cake for 48-55 minutes, checking for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the top of the cake. If your toothpick comes out clean, your cake is done.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Turn the cake onto a cooling rack. Tap the bottom of the Bundt pan with a wooden spoon to help loosen if necessary.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting.