Love this recipe for leftovers! Freezes well too! Give it a try….you can thank me later.
- 1 pound spaghetti or linguine, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock or broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2-4 cups shredded leftover turkey
- 1 cup frozen peas
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup butter and, once melted, add onions. Cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for one minute more. Sprinkle flour over onions, cooking for one to two minutes, stirring occasionally. Whisk in chicken broth and heavy cream. Bring just to a strong simmer, reduce heat and cook until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, about five minutes. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in turkey, cooked noodles and frozen peas (you may want to use a large mixing bowl for this). Pour mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole dish or 13×9 pan.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Add breadcrumbs and parmesan, mix thoroughly. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over the top of casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling and topping is lightly browned