Pork Chops Romano
F & L Market has Value Pack Assorted Pork Chops for $1.69 lb. Use them to make this delicious winter dish. So tasty!
- 4 thinly sliced center cut pork loin chops, pounded thin
- Salt and pepper, to liking
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 – 2 large eggs, beaten with 1 TBS. water
- 1 cup unseasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 – 2 TBS oil for frying
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Season flattened pork chops with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare a dredging station. Put the flour in a shallow dish. Put the eggs and water in another shallow dish. In a third shallow dish, combine the Panko bread crumbs and Romano cheese.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat the oil over med-high heat until shimmering. With a piece of pork, dredge in flour, shaking off excess. dip in egg mixture, then coat in Panko-Romano mixture and add to hot pan with oil. Cook on each side until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side, and transfer to dish in a warm oven. Continue process with the rest of pork chops. (For best results, do not over crowd pan. Brown pork chops in batches if you need to.)
- Once all chops are browned on both sides, wipe pan with paper towel and return to stove. Add wine to pan and bring to boil over med heat. Add in lemon slices and let mixture reduce by half.
- Once reduced by half, turn heat down to low and add chicken stock or broth. Heat until warmed through.
- Swirl in room temperature butter. Once butter is melted and incorporated into sauce, Add chops back in and coat with sauce. Continue to heat on low until chops are cooked all the way through. (about 3 minutes).
- Turn heat off and sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving, if desired.