F & L Market has ground beef for $1.99 a pound. Use that as the basis of these yummy Cheesy Mexican Meatballs. Serve with Spanish rice or cauliflower rice.
- 10 ounces red enchilada sauce divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup oats (I measure them then grind them in my blender until they are coarsely ground.)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce optional
- 2 cups grated cheese (cheddar, monterey jack, colby jack, and pepper jack are all good choices)
- cilantro for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13″ inch baking dish.
- Mix 1/4 cup enchilada sauce, ground beef, oats, eggs, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, oregano, cumin, chili powder, and hot sauce. I use my hands to combine them.
- Form meatballs by hand or with a cookie scoop. (I like to use a medium sized cookie scoop, about 2 tablespoon size.) Drop meatballs into the 9 x 13″ pan. (Most of the time I leave the meatballs in the rustic shape of the cookie scoop. Once in awhile I do roll the meatballs until they are perfectly round. They taste the same either way!)
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over meatballs. Cover and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle cheese over meatballs. Bake for 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve right out of the oven!