F & L Market has Gwaltney Sausage 2 for $3. Keep this recipe handy. A delicious strata you can make ahead and take it easy on Christmas morning!
6 English muffins, halved
1 lb ground maple sausage
1 sweet onion, diced
2 apples, cored and diced 8 sage leaves, minced
2 cups half and half
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 cup shredded provolone cheese 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish. Line the bottom of the dish with english muffin halves, cutting them as needed to fit.
2. In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook the ground sausage with the onion until sausage is brown. Add in diced apple and sage and cook another 3-5 minutes.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, salt, and pepper. Stir in shredded cheeses.
4. Stir sausage mixture into egg mixture and pour over english muffins.
***At this point you can cover the dish and refrigerate it over night.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until set.