Mega Tender Bake
F & L Market has Pork Sirloin Chops for $1.79. This recipe works great for chops, steak or venison tenderloin slices. This is , hands down, my go to recipe for guaranteed tender venison tenderloin steak and gravy. If you don’t want the coating and fried steak calories, sear them off and proceed with the gravy stock and cooking process. Totally divine!
SOAKING 1 1/2 to 2 lb tenderloin, 1/2″ slices. 1 – 1 1/2 c buttermilk (enough to cover meat)
BREADING 1 1/2 c flour (self-rising or regular) 1 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp black pepper 1/2 tsp garlic powder 1/2 tsp onion powder 1/4 tsp paprika
THE GRAVY FIXINGS 3 c beef stock (not broth) *reserve 1/2 cup 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce 1/2 tsp garlic powder 1/2 tsp onion powder 1/4 tsp roasted garlic powder 2 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch salt to taste, as stock has salt 1/4″ oil in skillet for frying
1. Soak sliced tenderloin in buttermilk for a couple hours in the fridge. I do this overnight for venison. It’s worth it! Do not drain.
2. Breading: Combine flour, garlic and onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper for breading.
3. Heat oil in skillet.
4. With tongs or a fork, bread loin slices in flour mixture, then brown on each side. Remove to a paper towel covered plate to drain of excess oil.
5. Spray a 11″x7″ casserole dish with non-stick spray. Line the fried tenderloin into dish.
6. Gravy fixings: In medium sized bowl add 2 1/2 cups of the stock, plus garlic and onion powder, pepper, roasted garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt to taste.
7. In the reserved 1/2 cup stock, add the cornstarch and mix quickly. Pour into the gravy mixture in bowl and stir.
8. Pour over meat, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour at 350F, then reduce heat to 275F for another 2 hours or till fork tender.
Remove from oven and let set for a few minutes before serving.