Butter Chicken with Roasted Potatoes
F & L Market has all potatoes $3.99 for a 10lb bag and Split Chicken breast for .89 a pound.
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 lb yellow potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon hot sauce (Sriracha)
- Fresh cracked pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, olive oil, pepper, and hot sauce. Hold back 4 TBS of marinade. Place the remaining marinade over the chicken and set aside to marinate while you cook potatoes.
2. Parboil the potatoes in boiling salted water for 8 minutes. This will accelerate cooking time in the skillet and ensure a nice golden crust on the potatoes.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, mix 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter. When butter is melted, add drained potatoes. Cook for about 4 minutes, stir and cook an additional 4-5 minutes until potatoes are golden and fork tender. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
4. Keep the same skillet over medium heat and add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, garlic, red chili pepper flakes, and fresh herbs. Lay the chicken strips in one layer in the skillet, . Cook on each side for 1 minute each, until nicely browned – adjust timing depending on how you like your chicken.
5. Right before chicken is done, you can stir in the reserved marinade if you like, and cook for one minute. Add the potatoes back to the pan and heat through. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.
6. Remove from heat and serve immediately, garnished with more crushed chili pepper, fresh herbs, and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese over the potatoes if you like. Enjoy!