Cheesy Chicken Southwestern Tortilla Soup
F & L Market has split chicken breast .89 for pound use it to make this delicious soup. I hesitated to share it because it really isn’t like cooking at all!
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 15 Ounce Jar Tostitos Salsa Con Queso
- 1 Can Cream of Potato Soup
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 3/4 Cups Chicken Broth (or 1 14.5 ounce can) *see note
- 1/2 Can Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles * see note
- 2 Cups Frozen Corn *see note
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning *see note
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro, fresh *see note, plus more for garnish
- Tostitos Scoops Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on each side of the chicken and place in a baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and using two forks, shred the meat and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the salsa con queso, cream of potato soup, sour cream and chicken broth.
- Whisk to combine.
- Switch to a wooden spoon and stir in the chiles, corn, taco seasoning, cilantro and chicken.
- Bring to a simmer and serve or keep on low for an hour or two.
- Serve with Tostitos Scoops chips.