F & L Market has Ground beef for $2.39 a pound . This hamburger stew is a delicious way to prepare it!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 2 stalks celery – chopped
- 3 carrots – cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 large potatoes – cut into pieces
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Brown the hamburger in a dutch oven.
- Add the onions and celery. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and potatoes.
- Add the water, beef broth, salt and pepper.
- Loosely cover and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add the corn.
- Stir together the flour and 1/2 cup water until smooth. Add to the pan, stirring while pouring it in until mixture thickens. Taste to adjust seasonings.