F&L Market has Cabbage for .49 a pound. Use it to make this very easy, tasty salad – perfect for picnics and potlucks, or any gathering! I can eat it as a meal!
- 1 (14-16 oz) package coleslaw mix (cabbage, broccoli, or a combo)
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup toasted and slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 (3 oz) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup sunflower (or peanut) oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (or to taste)
- Edamame to taste adds a nice layer of flavor
- Combine the coleslaw mix, green onions, almonds and sunflower seeds in a salad bowl. Mix the seasoning packet from the ramen noodles with the oil, cider vinegar and sugar in a separate container.
- Just before serving, break half the ramen noodles into smaller pieces and place on top of the coleslaw mix. Pour the dressing and toss everything to coat. Break the remaining ramen noodles and scatter on top. Garnish with extra green onions, if desired. Allow to sit covered in the refrigerator for 2 hours.