CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
F&L Market has their customer appreciation event this Friday! Join us for free lunch, great specials, and hourly giveaways! And be sure to try this delicious, light recipe for Chicken Lettuce Wraps – I love them!
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into small pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp sesame oil or substitute canola oil
- 1 – 2 tsp Sriracha hot sauce to taste
- 3/4 cup unsalted cashews (I Like to use water chestnuts instead)
- 1 head green lettuce romaine, bib, or butter
- 5 green onions chopped, divided
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl stir together the chicken stock, soy sauce, ginger, hoisin sauce, vinegar, and cornstarch.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to hot skillet. Cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Reduce heat to low, add the sauce from the bowl and continue to cook, stirring, until thickened. Add sriracha hot sauce, to taste. Stir in cashews and most of the green onion, reserving a big handful for garnish at the end.
- Serve in cold lettuce cups. Top with remaining chopped green onions, if desired.