SOUTHERN MACARONI SALAD
Nothing says summer in the south like a classic macaroni salad. F&L Market has vine ripe tomatoes for .99 a pound, sweet Vidalia onions $1.99 for a 3 lb. bag. and Duke mayo for $2.99. All are needed for this delicious Southern dish.
- 4 cups macaroni pasta
- 4 medium sized eggs
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots OR shredded carrots
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 large sweet bell pepper, diced
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup dill relish
- 2 tbsp dill pickle juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Boil the pasta in lightly salted water ( I added 1 tsp salt to about 8 cups water), until it’s cooked but still firm.
- Drain the pasta, the rinse under cool water, and let the pasta cool.
- Boil the eggs, then once done dice them.
- Clean all the veggies, and then dice them (Don’t dice the carrots though – shred them.).
- Combine the mayonnaise, sweet relish, dill relish, garlic powder, black pepper, and dill pickle juice.
- Mix well.
- Combine the pasta, eggs, and veggies.
- Pour in the mayonnaise mixture, then fold all the ingredients.
- Make sure everything is well incorporated.
- Place the macaroni salad in a large storage bowl, and cover.
- Refrigerate until it’s nice and cool.
- Serve & Enjoy!