CREAMY CONFETTI CORN WITH BACON
F&L Market has fresh corn on the cob four for $1.99. This is a delicious and different way to prepare it for your next cook out.
- 4 1/2 cups fresh corn (from about 7 ears)
- 8 slices (8 oz) bacon, diced into small pieces
- 2/3 cup small, chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 tsp each – salt and freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 6 oz cream cheese, diced into cubes
- 1/3 cup milk, then more as needed
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions (optional)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Drain off rendered bacon fat while reserving 1 Tbsp in skillet.
- Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Heat skillet with drippings over medium-high heat.
- Add corn, bell pepper, red onion and season with salt and pepper. Saute until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add in cream cheese and milk. Cook and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Add in more milk – 1 Tbsp at a time to thin as needed (I added about 3 Tbsp more). Stir in green onions, parsley, and half the bacon.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with remaining bacon. Serve warm.