NO TORTILLA CHICKEN ENCHILADA BAKE RECIPE
F&L Market has chicken breast tenderloins for $1.69 a pound. Use them to make this low-carb recipe!
- 4 large chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), cooked and shredded
- 4 large bell peppers (your choice of color), diced
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 cups Enchilada sauce (see recipe below, or you can used canned)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
Enchilada Sauce :
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 6 TBSP chili powder
- 4 tsp coriander
- 4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 30 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Saute onion in oil until slightly browned. Add the garlic and spices. Cook and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the tomato sauce and water; bring to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute pepper and onions in some olive oil for 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer the bottom of casserole dish with shredded chicken.
- Top with the peppers and onions.
- Pour enchilada sauce over top.
- Top with cheese and green onion.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for another 10 minutes until cheese is melted.