MONGOLIAN BBQ (SLOW COOKER RECIPE)
F & L Market has whole boneless NY strip loins for $4.99 a pound. This is a delicious recipe that you can make in your slow cooker.
- 1 ½ pounds (Flank Steak is good as is any decent steak cut. It even makes cheap cook taste delicious)
- ¼ cups cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoons mince Garlic, Cloves
- ¾ cups Soy Sauce
- ¾ cups Water
- ¾ cups Brown Sugar
- 1 cup grated Carrots
- green onions, for garnish
- Cut flank steak into thin strips. In a ziplock bag add flank steak pieces and cornstarch. Shake to coat.
- Add olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar and carrots to slow cooker. Stir ingredients. Add coated flank steak and stir again until coated in the sauce.
- Cook for high 2-3 hours or on low 4-5 hours until cooked throughout and tender. Can serve over rice and garnish with green onions