SAUSAGE AND CREAM CHEESE QUICHE
F & L Market has Grade A Large eggs 2 for $3.00. Use them to make this delicious quiche. So Easy to make. I usually make two and freeze one. Serve with a salad for a great dinner and reheat later in the week for breakfast or lunch. If it last that long!
- 1 (9-inch) frozen deep dish pie crust
- 8-oz sausage (Jimmy Dean or Tennessee Pride)
- 4-oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream or milk
- dash black pepper
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink. Saute the sweet onion and red peppers. Drain fat. Comine cooked sausage and vegetables along with the cream cheese. Drop crumbles of sausage mixture in bottom of pie crust. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, pepper, sour cream, pepper and cream. Pour egg mixture over sausage and cheese mixture in pie crust.
- Bake 1 hour. Allow quiche to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.