SALMON APPETIZER BITES
F&L Market has Double Q Salmon for 2 for $5. I ALWAYS keep Double Q in my cupboard. Mix these delicious bites up and just try to keep them on the platter longer than 5 mins.
- 3 cans of Double Q Salmon
- 1/2 medium onion, grated
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 1 egg white
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 3/4 avocado
- 3 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 5 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. minced cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle Chile powder (or more to taste)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the salmon in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped, scraping down the sides as necessary. Transfer to a large bowl.
- To the salmon, add the onion, breadcrumbs, cilantro, egg white, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Using a 2 tablespoon portion of the salmon mixture, form meatballs by rolling between the palms of your hands. Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Bake until the meatballs are firm to the touch and cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Serve the meatballs with the avocado sauce.
For the sauce:
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine the avocado, yogurt, garlic, lime juice, water, cilantro, chipotle Chile powder, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.