HONEY SPICED GLAZED CHICKEN
F&L Market has boneless, skinless chicken thighs for $1.49 a pound. This creates delicious flavor-laced chicken pieces.
- 1 package boneless skinless chicken thighs (you should get about 8 thighs per package)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (regular paprika works well too, but smoked brings more flavor)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (use less if you don’t like heat)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Mix spices together and set aside.
- Mix honey and cider vinegar and set aside.
- Untuck chicken thighs so they are flat. Cover both sides in seasoning, set flat onto sheet pan. When all chicken has been seasoned put under broiler (*I put mine on low, just so I don’t worry about burning the chicken).
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on one side and flip. Cook for a 5-7 minutes on other side. Flip again and then baste the chicken in honey/cider mixture. Be sure to really get the chicken covered. Add to oven again and let it cook under the broiler for a few minutes until the honey starts to thicken up and glaze. It may smoke a little but this is completely normal.
- Take chicken out of oven and let rest for a few minutes before devouring. You don’t want to burn your mouth with all that hot honey glaze!
* If you have a gas oven and your broiler is at the bottom you can bake the chicken at 400 degrees for about 15 – 20 mins.