OVEN ROASTED PULLED PORK
F&L Market always has fantastic options for a variety of pork butt roast. This is the perfect way to prepare it. Made it last night – delicious!
- 1 (6-pound or less) pork shoulder or pork butt, bone-in preferred
- 3 tablespoons paprika (I used smoked paprika)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- Lightly score your pork with a sharp knife. Mix the dry rub ingredients together and rub the spice blend all over the pork. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or up to overnight.
- Put the pork in a roasting pan and roast for 5-6 hours, uncovered in a 300 degree oven. Check the pork at 5 hours. An instant-read thermometer stuck in the thickest part of the pork should register 215-225 degrees F. Your pork should pull easily apart. If it isn’t done, increase the cook time in increments of 30 minutes.
- When the pork is cooked, take it out of the oven and place it on a platter to cool. Allow the meat to rest for at least 30 minutes. Once rested, use 2 forks to shred the meat. Serve as is, on a bun, on a baked potato or combine with your favorite BBQ sauce.