JR’S CHRISTMAS SAUSAGE BALLS
Adam at F&L Market is taking orders now for his special recipe blend sausage, hot or mild. Here’s my Christmas Sausage Ball Recipe… I make so many of these around the holidays that I could make them in my sleep!
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups Southern Biscuit Company formula L Bake Mix (Bisquick is not as good)
- 4 cups grated extra sharp Cheddar (hand grating is better than pre-grated)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes or more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well with your fingers. The mixture will be very crumbly. Form into 1 inch balls, squeezing the mixture so it holds together. Place the balls on the baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- I usually double this and use 1 lb mild and 1 lb hot and that give the perfect blend of mild heat.