F&L Market has fresh ground beef for $1.99 a pound. This marinated burger recipe kicks it up a notch for your next BBQ.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, or your favorite steak seasoning
- lots of cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
For the burgers:
- 2 1/4 pounds ground chuck, 80% to 20% fat ratio
- 6 buns, buttered and toasted
- cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion, mayonnaise, ketchup, etc.
- Divide the ground chuck into 6 equal portions, 6 ounces each. Form into 5-inch wide patties with a deep indentation in the middle. Place in a large shallow, glass baking pan.
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a small bowl and pour over the burger patties.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or longer if desired, turning at least once.
- Clean the grill grates with a wire brush.
- Heat gas grill to 325-350 degrees. If you don’t have a thermometer, heat on high until hot, then reduce the heat to medium before adding the burgers. Wet a paper towel with vegetable oil and using tongs, oil the grilling surface thoroughly.
- Cook the burgers until until they are cooked through, about 7 minutes on each side.
- Allow the hamburgers to rest 5 minutes before serving.