4th OF JULY HOT DOG CHILI
F&L Market has Sugardale hot dogs for .89 a package and ground beef for $1.99 a pound. Use the ground beef to create this kickin’ hot dog chili sauce for your Fourth of July BBQ.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Place ground beef in a large saucepan with water and mash the beef with a potato masher to break apart.
- Stir in tomato sauce, ketchup, chili powder, salt, black pepper, sugar, onion powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat until the chili has thickened slightly and the beef is fully cooked, about 20 minutes. If I want an even finer texture, I will pulse lightly in a food processor.