MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD
F&L Market has fresh corn – 4 ears for $1.99. This is a great start to a summer favorite – take this to your next BBQ and watch folks gobble it up!
- ½ cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Splash of oil
- 4 ears corn about 3 cups, of kernels, shucked and kernels removed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup canned black beans 200 g, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ cup mexican blend cheese
- Mix all dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium/high heat in a large saute pan then add garlic and corn. Cook about 15 minutes, flipping frequently, until corn begins to char a bit. Gently toss with lime juice and salt.**
- In a large bowl, combine corn mix, black beans, pepper, onion, cilantro, and cheese. Drizzle sauce over and serve either warm or cold. Perfect over tacos, as a chip dip, or by itself!
*If using Greek yogurt, add a dash of milk to thin it out. **Alternatively, cook the ears of corn on the grill, then remove kernels and mix into garlic, lime juice, and salt.