SPICY HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN
- 2 lb chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 1 lb broccoli
- 1 cup rice uncooked (I used Basmati rice)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
For the Marinade:
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped finely
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- In a casserole dish whisk all the marinade ingredients together then add the chicken thighs to it and toss well. Cover the casserole dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to up to 24 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 425 F degrees.
- To cook the rice, rinse it first in a few changes of cold water. Rinsing the rice makes the grains less brittle and also removes loose starch making the rice less sticky. In a heavy-bottomed pot with a tight fitting lid, combine 2 cups of water with the rice over high heat. Bring to a boil then lower the heat to a simmer and cover. Let the rice cook for about 12 to 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. Remove the pot from the heat and let it sit with the lid on for 5 minutes and for as long as 30 minutes. Remove the lid and fluff it with a fork.
- To steam the broccoli fill a pot with a few inches of water then insert a steamer basket over the top. Make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the steamer basket. Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli and cover. steam for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the casserole dish and place in the oven. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Chicken thighs are quick to cook, but if after 20 minutes they are not crispy on the outside and you prefer them crispier, turn the broiler on and broil for about 2 to 3 minutes, keeping an eye on them to not burn.
- Serve the chicken thighs over the cooked rice and with broccoli on the side. There will be drippings left over from cooking the thighs, so just spoon that over the chicken and rice. Garnish with parsley.