F&L Market has North Carolina sweet potatoes for .59 a pound. Use them to make this deliciously different potato salad!
Sweet Potato Ingredients:
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery hearts
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
For the Mustard Dressing:
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced*
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a large bot of salted water to a boil, then add the sweet potatoes. Simmer just until fork tender, about 10 to 15 minutes depending upon the size of your potato chunks. Drain, gently and quickly rinse with cold water, then set aside.
- Cook the bacon. Once cool, crumble it into a large bowl. Add the celery and green onions.
- Prepare the mustard dressing: In a small bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the jalapeno, mustard, garlic, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the bowl with the bacon, drizzle with the dressing, then toss gently to combine. Taste and season with additional salt/pepper as desired. Serve warm, chilled, or at room temperature.