MEXICAN ZUCCHINI AND BEEF SKILLET
F&L Market has ground beef for $1.99 lb. Pair that up with fresh zucchini or even yellow squash from the garden for this delicious low-carb meal!
- 2 medium zucchini sliced and quartered
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 10 ounces Rotel (Or tomatoes and green chilis) canned
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Brown ground beef with minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until meat is browned.
- Add tomatoes and remaining spices. Cover and simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Add the zucchini. Cover and cook for about 10 more minutes until zucchini is cooked, but still firm.