EASY PORK CHOP ONION BAKE
F&L Market has variety pack pork chops for $1.99 a pound.
- 4 to 6 bone-in pork chops
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Kosher salt, fresh cracked black pepper and Cajun seasoning (like Slap Ya Mama), to taste
- 1 Vidalia or yellow onion, halved and sliced into rings
- 1-1/2 cups of beef stock or broth
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Heat oil in a large lidded stainless skillet. Dry the chops well and add to skillet, sprinkling the top side with salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning; brown. Turn, sprinkle the other side with seasonings, brown; remove to a baking dish.
- In the same skillet, break the onion into rings and saute in the pan drippings until lightly caramelized. Add the broth to the skillet and deglaze. Pour the entire contents of the skillet over the chops, spreading the onions evenly over the top of the chops; sprinkle with the thyme.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees for about 30 to 35 minutes or until tender and cooked through. Actual time will depend on size and thickness of pork chops. Spoon pan sauce over individual servings.