SPINACH RICOTTA STUFFED PEPPERS
F & L Market has Garden Fresh Large Bell Peppers for .59 a pound. Use them to make these awesome stuffed peppers. Not your Mama’s stuffed peppers 🙂
- 2 tb oil, divided
- 3/4 c diced onion
- 3 c chopped baby spinach chopped – about 6 oz
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 yellow bell peppers cut in half, seeds removed
- 1 1/2 c ricotta part-skim
- 6 tb Parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 oz container grape or cherry tomatoes
For the Garnish
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Fresh, flat parsley or basil
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place tomatoes in a 9×13 pan and drizzle with ½ tablespoon olive oil. Salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1½ tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until translucent and soft. Add the garlic and spinach and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix ricotta and Parmesan together. Add in the spinach mixture and stuff into peppers. Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese and arrange in the pan with the tomatoes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Garnish with more Parmesan and some fresh parsley or basil.
- Serve over rice, orzo, or quinoa.