CREAMY HERBED CHICKEN
F and L Market has boneless, skinless chicken breast for $1.69 a pound. Use it to make this delicious Creamy Chicken. Toss in Spinach or broccoli for something extra special.
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Flour, for dredging
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped poultry herb mix (sage/thyme/rosemary)
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Cut chicken in half lengthwise; sprinkle both sides with the garlic powder and salt & pepper, then dredge the chicken in the flour so it’s completely coated.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken in when the pan is hot. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes/side or until it’s nice and golden, then take the chicken out of the pan and set aside.
- Add the white wine and mustard to the pan and stir thoroughly. Let it bubble for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the cream and herbs and add the chicken back into the pan. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes or so (you may need to turn the heat down), until the chicken is cooked though and the sauce is thickened. Season with extra salt & pepper if needed.