SLOW COOKER SPARE RIBS
F & L Market has a 30 lb case of Swaggerty Pork Spare Ribs $25 . Stock up and save. Here is a great way to prepare them. Easy and delicious.
- 4 lbs spare ribs
- 1½ TBSP brown sugar
- 1 TBSP smoked paprika (regular is fine if that’s what you have)
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- barbecue sauce (optional)
- Pat ribs dry, and cut them into sections so they’ll fit in the slow cooker.
- Combine seasonings in a bowl, and rub mixture all over ribs.
- Place ribs in the slow cooker, meat-side down.
- Cook for 8-10 hours on low, or for 4-5 hours on high.
- Before serving, brush with barbecue sauce if desired.