TACO POP TARTS
F&L Market has a 10 lb. roll for $21.99. This is a fun way to use them! My kids love the idea of Taco Pop Tarts.
- 2 boxes refrigerated pie crusts (total of 4 pie crusts), at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Working with one crust at a time, unroll onto your work surface and cut into six 3″ x 4″ rectangles. Repeat with the remaining crusts; cover with a towel to keep from drying out.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil until hot but not smoking. Sauté the onion for 5 minutes. Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until completely cooked through (no pink remaining). Add the taco seasoning and stir to combine. Add the corn and beans and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Remove from heat and let cool until warm.
- Place six pie crust rectangles on one of your prepared baking sheets. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately or let cool and freeze for longer storage.