FOOLPROOF EYE OF ROUND ROAST
F&L Market has Eye of Round for $3.49 a pound, and this is the perfect go to recipe for it.
- Eye of Round Roast
- 1 bottle steak marinade (I like Lawry’s Steak and Chop)
- Steak Seasoning
- Garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Poke holes all in the roast with a fork or meat tenderizer like I use. Marinate it in the steak marinade in a resealable plastic bag overnight in the fridge.
- When ready to cook, drain the marinade off with a colander. Using a sharp paring knife, cut deep slits all over the roast. Stuff those slits with garlic cloves. Sprinkle the roast with steak seasoning.
- Heat the butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Sear the roast on all sides. Transfer the roast to a rack in your roaster. Sprinkle with additional steak seasoning if desired.
- Place your meat thermometer in the thickest part of your roast. Cook the roast in an oven preheated to 250 degrees until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 130 degrees. Remove the roast, and let it rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing.