SPICY KOREAN CHICKEN WINGS
F&L Market has value pack chicken wings for $1.89 lb. and value pack drumsticks for .79 lb. This is a great recipe to make for your Superbowl feast!
- 2-3 lbs chicken wings, wingettes and drumettes
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Korean red chili pepper paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Korean chili powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar or Asian Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil Sesame seeds
- Chopped scallions, for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, season the wings with salt and pepper. Transfer the wings, skin side up, on the baking sheets and roast them for about 40 – 45 minutes, until they are cooked through and crisp.
- In a small sauce pan, add the remaining ingredients except white sesame and scallions. Heat on low heat, whisk to mix well. Turn off the heat when it becomes saucy.
- Toss the baked chicken wings with the sauce, coat well. Garnish with the sesame and scallions. Serve immediately.