PARMESAN CRUSTED TILAPIA
F&L Market has Tilapia Fillets $10.99 for a 5 lb package. Try this delicious recipe for a crispy, flaky main dish your entire family will love!
- 3 to 4 tilapia fillet, depending on size
- 1⁄4 cup bread crumbs, or crushed buttery round crackers
- 1⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan, Italian seasoning, and 1 teaspoon garlic powder on a plate; mix well.
- On a different plate, pour 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Working one at a time, place a fillet in the plate with lemon juice, season to taste with kosher salt (be careful about how much salt is in your parmesan, crumbs, and other seasonings), black pepper, and garlic powder. Turn fish over in the lemon juice and season the other side.
- Dredge fillet in the parmesan mixture, patting it all over to coat.
- Place in prepared baking dish; repeat with remaining fish.
- Sprinkle a little lemon juice over fillets and drizzle or spray them lightly with olive oil.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until fish easily flakes with a fork and edges are brown.