CAJUN DIRTY RICE
Use F&L Market‘s 80/20 hamburger and delicious Gunnoe Sausage to make this Mardi Gras worthy recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked regular long-grain rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef, sausage, onion, green pepper and celery. Cook until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are soft. Drain fat.
- Add cajun seasoning rice, chicken broth to skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Hot sauce, to taste.