MEDITERRANEAN BEEF TIPS
F&L Market has beef tips for $3.29 a pound. This is a delicious recipe with a Mediterranean twist.
- 1.25 lb sirloin, cut into cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1.5 tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 c. Greek yogurt
- 1.5 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1-2 garlic cloves, grated (depending on size)
- salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 an English cucumber
- First, prepare the beef. Combine garlic cloves, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the beef and stir well to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- To prepare the Tzatziki, start by seeding and grating the cucumber (cut it in half lengthwise, then use a small spoon to scoop out the seeds; use a box grater on the smaller side to grate it). Place the grated cucumber in a fine mesh strainer set over a bowl, and use the back of a spoon to press out as much liquid as possible (I ended up with 2 tbsp. grated cucumber). In a bowl, combine yogurt, grated cucumber, lemon juice and zest, grated garlic, fresh dill, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Grill the beef tips over medium high heat until done. Serve warm with Tzatziki. Enjoy!