SIRLOIN TIP ROAST
F&L Market has Sirloin Tip Roast $3.49 a pound. This is a delicious way to prepare it!
- 2.5 lb sirloin tip roast
- 2 tsp kosher salt or 1 tsp table salt
- 1½ tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (for extra spice use chili pepper flakes)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- Start off by salting the roast the day before you’re going to be cooking it (this will give a more flavorful, evenly salted roast). Evenly rub the salt over the roast, take plastic wrap and tightly wrap it around the roast, then place on a plate/bowl in your refrigerator.
- The next day, remove the roast about an hour before cooking (allowing it to warm to room temperature).
- Unwrap the meat from the plastic wrap, dry any moisture off with paper towel.
- Place your oven rack in the middle and preheat to 250°F. While the oven is preheating, rub your roast with ½ a tablespoon of oil and minced garlic, then evenly rub with your spice mixture (pepper, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes).
- In a large cast iron pan on medium-high heat with a tablespoon of oil, sear each side of your roast until browned (3-4 minutes per side).
- Once oven is preheated, place the roast on a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cook the roast for about an hour and twenty minutes, or until the meat reaches 115°F on your meat thermometer (invest in one of you haven’t yet!).
- Turn your oven off, leaving the roast in for about 30-40 minutes or until it reaches 130°F for medium-rare or 140°F for medium. Leave the door closed this whole time to keep the heat in!
- After the roast reaches your desired temperature, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Once the time is up, slice, serve and enjoy!