F&L Market has whole beef sirloin tip roasts for $3.29 a pound. This recipe is so easy it’s embarrassing, but so good! You can use other types of soda, but we prefer Dr. Pepper.
- 1 sirloin tip roast
- 1 packet of Lipton Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 1 can of Dr. Pepper (or any soda you prefer to try)
- Place roast in crock pot 2. Pour packet of onion soup mix and soda over roast 3. Cook on low for 8-9 hours or High for 2 hrs/low for 6 hrs.
- I didn’t have a can of Dr. Pepper, so I used about 1/2 of a 20 oz bottle of Dr. Pepper instead. It made a nice amount of gravy.
- The roast is so tender and just falls apart….it’s delicious! We serve it with mashed potatoes and the soda gives both the meat and the gravy such great flavor!