F&L Market has Perdue Roasters for .89 a pound. I love to roast this chicken over the weekend. It is important to marinate it for 48 hours for maximum flavor. Yes… it’s called Heroin Chicken, because it is pretty addictive.
- One large roasting butterflied chicken (simply remove backbone and lay the chicken flat )
- 2 to 3 tablespoons black peppercorns, partially crushed
- 7 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 to 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
- A couple handfuls of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Fresh juice from one lemon
- Salt, kosher or whatever you prefer
- Optional: 2 tablespoons of dill
Tip: Let this chicken marinate for 48 hours. Place in a 400F oven for an hour to an hour and a half. Check your meat thermometer. The leftovers from this particular dish are just as scrumptious.