TENDER POT ROAST
F&L Market has Boneless Beef Bottom Round Roast for $2.99/lb.
Ingredients for the beef:
- Beef bottom round roast, 1 (2-3 lb.)
- Onions, 2 cups (thinly sliced)
- Canned diced tomatoes, 1¾ cups (drained)
- Canned roast red bell peppers, 1½ cups (drained and cut into strips)
- Dry sherry, 1 cup
- Beef broth, 1 cup
- Olive oil, 1 tablespoon
For the spice rub:
- Dried marjoram, 2 teaspoons
- Paprika, 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper, 1 teaspoon (freshly ground)
- Salt, ¼ teaspoon
- For the spice rub ▸ Combine the marjoram, paprika, black pepper and salt for the spice rub in a bowl. ▸ Trim the fat from the beef and rub the spice mix on it. Keep aside.
- For the beef ▸ In a large Dutch oven, heat oil and brown the beef on all sides. This seals in all the flavors. ▸ Remove the meat from the pan and cover with an aluminum foil. ▸ Now, add the sherry into the pan and scrap all the juices and brown bits in the pan. ▸ Put the meat into the pan and add the onions, tomatoes, broth and bell peppers. Cover tightly with the lid. ▸ Preheat the oven to 350° F and bake the beef for 3 hours or until the meat shreds easily with a fork. ▸ Remove the meat from the pan and let it rest before cutting it into 2-inch pieces. ▸Use the pan liquid to create a delicious gravy to serve over your roast slices ▸ Serve with cooked carrots and peas.