PERI PERI ROASTED CHICKEN
F&L Market has Perdue Roasters for .89 a pound . Use this marinade to make it extra delicious.
Peri Peri marinade:
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butterfly the chicken. Lay it flat.
- Transfer chicken to a lightly greased baking tray. Season generously with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Make the peri-peri marinade: place all ingredients in a small food processor and process until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade.
- Rub remaining marinade on to the top of the chicken. With your fingers, ease the skin away from the chicken and spread some of the marinade under the skin.
- Turn chicken, breast side down, on the baking tray. Roast for 15 minutes. Turn the chicken, breast side up, and continue to roast for 25–30 minutes, brushing with the reserved marinade every 10 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Transfer chicken to a carving board, and let rest 8-10 minutes. Cut chicken into pieces, and serve with pan juices.