CITRUS HERB TURKEY BREAST
F&L Market has Turkey breast for $1.29 a pound. This is a delicious way to roast a half a breast, or two, at a time.
- 1 6-7 lb. bone-in turkey breast, or 3-4 lb. half-breast, skin intact
- 1 orange, quartered
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Rinse the turkey breast and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place quartered oranges and onion wedges on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet. Top with sprigs of fresh thyme and rosemary.
- Drizzle olive oil over turkey breast and sprinkle with chopped thyme, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub into the skin.
- Place turkey breast into the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F and cook an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until turkey reaches 165 degrees with an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove turkey from the oven and tent with foil for 20 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Note: If the turkey skin isn’t as crisp as you like after cooking, place under the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and then tent with foil. Slice and serve.