CRUNCHY HONEY GARLIC PORK CHOPS
F&L Market has boneless pork sirloin chops for $1.69 a pound. This recipe will give you crunchy, slightly sweet and savory chops that make the perfect centerpiece for any meal.
- 6-9 pork chops, not too thick
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp water
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Canola oil or vegetable for frying
For the glaze:
- 1 1/2 c honey
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 dash(es) cayenne pepper, or to your taste
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
How to Make:
- Whisk the eggs and 4 tablespoons water in a shallow dish.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder in another shallow dish.
- Dip the chops in the flour, then over into the egg, then back over into the flour mixture again.
- This is what puts the extra crispy coating on the chops.
- Be sure to get plenty of flour on this last coating, then shake them a little and place in a pan with about a half inch of oil.
- Be sure the oil is hot, but not too hot or the chops will cook too fast. You need to get it good and hot and then turn to about medium.
- Cook for about 6 minutes on each side. Try not to turn more than twice or your breading will come off.
- Remove from the pan to a 9×13 baking dish.
- Saute the garlic a little in the butter. Add the honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, cayenne and garlic.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to low and simmer for about 5 minutes. Watch this carefully because it will foam and might boil over.
- Pour 1/2 of the glaze over the pork chops. Flip them over and pour the other 1/2 over the other side.
- Place uncovered in a preheated 350 oven for about 20-25 minutes. This sets the glaze and finishes them to be sure they are cooked through.